The date is November 28,1984 and the time is 10 p.m.
I see a figure wandering in the distant fog,
and I wonder if it is you.
I call out your name,
but all I can hear is the echo of my own voice.
It is misty outside,
and I can feel the moisture trickle down my neck.
I begin to move closer to the figure,
but with each step, I drift further and further away.
The fog begins to let up,
and I can now see a person staggering and wounded.
I approach with caution and I reach out my hand.
As I do, the person withdraws into the shadows.
I follow mindlessly.
The person leads me deep into the darkness.
The only visible thing was the trail of blood.
Everything had become total darkness.
Even myself.
For hours and house, I followed this person until daylight
brought me upon a cemetery.
I trailed the last few drops of blood that led me to a grave.
When I saw the name on the grave, my heart stopped beating.
Engraved in the tomb was my name and underneath it read:
died from a broken heart on November 28, 1984 at 10:15 p.m.
Friday, December 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment